Wednesday, May 22, 2013

tomato woes

I had something truly unfortunate happen to me yesterday when I was watering my roma tomato plant. I have a terrible squirrel problem at my house and we have tried everything to get get rid of them. They are very destructive and for the last four years (ever since I quite smoking and don't go outside every hour) the squirrels will eat up my garden. I used to have beautiful gardens with lovely tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, and zucchini. So this year I got a topsy turvy! I just started with one plant, a roma tomato plant to see if I could grow in and those pesky squirrels wouldn't get into it. Sure enough it was beautiful and full. I probably had 20 little green tomatoes on there. Until yesterday when I was watering it. It obviously got too heavy and the whole topsy tuvy came down. Not only did it come down but the stock snapped right off! Oh I was so sad. Nic cried really hard (we were growing it together.) I put the remains into water and I'm hoping it can still be saved! Fingers crossed! 


tomato plant
look at those beauties

tomato plant in water
into a bowl of water

tomato plant
What's left of my plant. I wish I had a before pic to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment