Friday, April 12, 2013

Dr Sears nibble tray

 Now I don't think I've mentioned this in my other blog posts yet, but my oldest, Nic, was born a micropreemie. He was born at 28 weeks weighing 3lbs 4oz. He has done really well and exceeded all expectations, but we have had a lot of trouble putting weight on him. Nic is still on the small side. I have looked everywhere for help to get him caught up. During my research I found the Dr Sears nibble tray made by Zak! What a helper! The tray is in the fun shape of a pineapple. It has six compartments to put food in and three extra stay cold in the top. I can fill this super cute tray up with all kinds of healthy foods in the morning and it's ready to go for snacking. It gives me piece of mind knowing if he eats most of the tray and his three regular meals we are on track. It's works so well with Nic that I recently bought one for Matt. The boys love the freedom of choice and since it's reserved for healthy foods only I know what they are eating is good for them.

Here's a few things the boys enjoy in their nibble tray:
olives, pasta wheels, tofu, cucumbers, carrots (cooked for Matts), avocado  strawberries, blueberries, raspberries  Cheerios, cheese, broccoli, trail mix

Here's a few ideas for the stay cool side for dipping:
pureed pumpkin, hummus, cream cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, and Nutella

These are my suggestions feel free to add your own. And if you are interested here's the link to buy: Dr-Sears-Nibble







I think it's a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment