Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spring Clean

Now that the weather has warmed up I finally have a chance to start cleaning again. I live in Southern California which normally conjures images of movie stars, Disneyland, and all year perfect weather. Well I live in the High Desert, about an hour away from all those lovely places which is awesome, but our weather is very extreme in my hometown. Right now we have "spring" which it will be in the high 90's on average. Wow! What is summer like? You can probably guess unbearably hot! Now this warm weather has been giving me a chance to send the kidos outside and out of my hair to get a little work done. This week I tackled the floors. We are by no means rich people so our floors have scene a lot of wear and tear which just makes it more important to take good care of them. I'm still on this quest to become a more eco-friendly Mama, so I did a little research to find out some natural cleaners. What kept coming up over and over? Vinegar!!! I had to try it and lo and behold it works wonders; it is tried and true. Oh and I love how
 it's non-toxic for the kidos; mine just love eating anything off the floors! lol What other natural cleaners do you use? I would love new suggestions!


shiny. shiny floor

the tools

**I used 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. Our floor is old linoleum, so I can use a little bit stronger of a mix. I read that if you have tile you need to be careful because the acidity of the vinegar can damage the grout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment