Monday, February 4, 2013

Making Bread

To try and save money I've been making our bread. I know it's very old-fashioned but that's just the kind of gal I am. I love making bread. I love watching the yeast activate (when it does lol). I love kneading the dough. Oh and I especially love the smell of baking bread. I learned how from my mom and aunt. They would always bake rolls for special occasions.  I took it a step further and we haven't had any store bought bread for weeks. Once a week I make nine or ten rolls and freeze them; then I bake one loaf and slice it. It does take some extra time but the end result is worth it. This is another way I know exactly what my family is eating. Here are a few pictures from the loaf I made today. If anyone is interested in the recipe leave me a comment and I'll be sure to post it for you. 






this is what it's all about...the yeast

kneading dough

Don't the rolls look amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment