Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My cooking's gone to the dogs


   On my path to becoming the ultimate crunchy mama (yea right). I've decided to include our four- legged family member.  I'm making homemade dog biscuits! Oh no I've totally lost it now. I couldn't just make my own baby food and call it a day I had to keep going until everyone is included in this delicious mess. All joking aside it's a really easy recipe. I found the recipe and the cutest bone shaped cookie cutter at Target. It only takes about half an hour to make and she really loves them. My girl deserves the best I can give her. After all she is part of our family.


Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup oats
Mix wet ingredients. Then add dry ingredients to form a ball of dough. Roll out and shape. Put on cookie tray.
Cook 20 minutes at 400 F. Turn off oven allow to cool in oven until crisp and hard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment