Friday, February 1, 2013

Our adventure begins at the farmers market

Hello and welcome to my blog page. I'm Bumble Betty. I figured a good place to start both as on my blogging adventure and eating healthy adventure is at the local farmers' market. Yummy!
                                                       

So Thursday I packed up both boys, wrapped up the Moby and we headed out the door. I don't know about anyone else but I've always found the farmers' market to be a bit intimidating, but I am determined to start feeding this family better food. Let me tell you I had a blast! I talked with all the farmers about where they are located and what they use for pesticides (or don't use). One farmer even had fresh free range eggs.
Here's my haul

                                      
I ended up only spending $20. That night we had a delicious garden salad. The boys have been enjoying the strawberries as an afternoon snack.  An added bonus I picked up a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I can't wait to go back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment